Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
skippy_5

Same old :?

skippy_5
10 years ago

Are big box store riding mowers the same as a dealer sells?I know this has been asked 100 times before but I am getting ready to buy a mower
Thanks skippy-5

Comments (7)

• hippy
    10 years ago

Dealers and box stores offer the same mowers. But the models sold at box stores are are mostly built for the average homeowners budget and are lesser quality built machines.

Example Only:
    A Hippy 210 sold at Lowes is the same that the local Hippy dealer sales. While you can only get a Hippy 211 Commercial at a Hippy dealer and it is not sold at Lowes.

Here's the difference that matters.

Our local Sears store sell Husqvarna. If you buy one from them and it needs warranty work. Sears must pack it up and send it back to South Carolina to the factory to get it repaired. Why I do not know. But they do.

Buy from the local Husqvarna dealer and he will service it for you. The local dealer sells his products for the same price as Lowes, Sears and others. For Husqvarna sets the price for an area and anyone selling their products are not allowed to ask even one penny more than what Husqvarna allows.

Support your local dealer whenever possible. No matter what the brand is. For it will be them that you must see to get what you need to keep your machine running in top form. And they know the machines better than anyone.

• yardtractor1
    10 years ago

I think Justalurker addressed this at one time, and very well as I recall. Sorry I don't have a link.

• tomplum
    10 years ago

I like the Hippy 210 and 211 nomenclature. Heck, if you are not marketing your own tractor by now, you should be . How could the public go wrong :)

• krnuttle
    10 years ago

I have heard that different models go to the big box store than is sold a dealers. While I have recently been to the John Deere dealer to by the spring tune up kit. (Cheaper than Big Box store) It seemed like the tractors they had were the larger tractors.

I know that for John Deere Tractors purchased at Lowes or Home Depot the warranted service is done at the local John Deere Dealer. Each John Deere at those stores has a sticker on the back that gives the name, address, and phone for the local John Deere dealer.

• skippy_5
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Bought the Hasqvara from local dealer,he is only two miles from me. I have been dealing with him for years.
    Skippy-5

• javert
    10 years ago

Skippy, It's my opinion that your decision to purchase from the local dealer was a good one. I'm pleased with my 5-year-old Husqvarna LGT2654 - and also with my two older John Deeres, and my Economy CUT. Best luck.

• hippy
    10 years ago

Posted by tomplum

I like the Hippy 210 and 211 nomenclature. Heck, if you are not marketing your own tractor by now, you should be . How could the public go wrong :)
    ==================

If my one true dream came true.

The Hippy 210 and 211 would be exact copies of the old Aluminum deck Lawn Boy Gold series and the steel deck Silver series mowers powered by 6.75 hp Tecumseh engines with a better designed carburetor. lol