Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
drafted72

Can someone explain this engine blueprint to me?

drafted72
11 years ago

I am interest in the shaft. I do not understand what is the measures on the top (next to the motor) 0.1.26 [032]. Is it a staight 1" shaft or is the top wider ??

http://www.smallenginesuppliers.com/html/engine-specs/line_drawings/386777.pdf

Comments (10)

• baymee
    11 years ago

Looks like .986 (1 inch) for the pulley and 1.25 for the crankshaft end.

• drafted72
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks but I do not understand what you mean. So the shaft is not 1" top to bottom??

• larso1
    11 years ago

The bottom of the keyway is 0.986-in. max/0.976-in. min. to O.D. of the shaft; the O.D of the shaft is 1.125-in. max./1.124-in. min.; the part of the shaft that enters the block is shown as a nominal 1.26-in. O.D. with a small undefined radius between the two O.D.s next to the face of the block (no tolerance due possibly to the manufacturer's proprietary concerns, or maybe because it isn't important to the regular consumer).

• rustyj14
    11 years ago

Does this person think that the crankshaft goes straight thru the block and comes out the other side-ala a straight shaft with no way to make the piston go up and down?

• drafted72
    Original Author
    11 years ago

"Does this person think that the crankshaft goes straight thru the block and comes out the other side-ala a straight shaft with no way to make the piston go up and down?"

Rustyj14
    No smart ass, I was referring the part of the crankshaft which is outside of the main body of the engine. I should of made it really simple for a smart ass like you.

• drafted72
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you larso1 for your explanations

• Greg Goyeneche
    11 years ago

Rusty is real cute. He's such a comedian. But tweak him, and you'll find out what a thin skin he has. Best to just ignore him.

Anyway, the 0024 Crank Extension is 1-1/8" x 3-5/32 (from the mounting datum).

The 0036 Crank Extension is 1" x 3-5/32.

In both cases there is a larger 1-1/4 diameter shoulder on the crankshaft approximately 3/4" before stepping down to the 1-1/8 or 1" dimension. If you order from Small Engine Suppliers be sure to tell them which crank extension you want, so you can match up properly with your existing pulleys and/or electric clutch.

• baymee
    11 years ago

It's reduced to approx. 1" for a pulley, but it's thicker where it goes through the bearing for crankshaft strength. It probably stays 1.25 all the way to the crank's flywheels.

• larso1
    11 years ago

No, it's a 1 1/8-in. dia. shaft from the outer (tapped) end to the block face, where it increases to a nominal 1 1/4' dia. at the outboard bearing of the block. It's quite clear the 1-in. dimension is the bottom of the keyway to the outside diameter of the shaft. At least it's clear to me...

• baymee
    11 years ago

I stand corrected. I'm glad I didn't order the pulley yet. :)

Sponsored
Craftsman Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars25 Reviews
Loudoun County's Trusted Home Builder 3x Best of Houzz Award Winner