Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
vaaccess

New tires or new tractor?

vaaccess
10 years ago

Hey there. I am open to thoughts and ideas as I look to address my challenge!

I have about 3-4 acres of land (rest of the 10 acres is wooded) that I am using my Toro TimeCutter MX5060 on. Overall, it's a great piece of equipment. However, I keep getting it stuck down near our pond since the ground is very soft or wet. So, at a minimum I want to upgrade to more aggressive tires. Our grassy areas are not kept as fancy lawns, so I have little concern or need to have turf tires. It came with ProTech tires. Anyone have a recommendation on another tire to consider?

Second...

I have a small trailer that I use to haul stuff around as needed. I realize that this mower isn't really meant for too much of that kind of work, so try to be reasonable with what I ask it to do.

That said....I am converting some land from trees to a vineyard (0.15 acres right now, but that will increase over time) and have the need to till, dig post holes, etc. haul more stuff, etc, etc, etc.

The thing that is preventing me from buying all sorts of equipment is a combination of where would I put it and of course, money.

To this point I had been considering just renting equipment as needed, but it's very inconvenient and the weather can change frequently and at the last minute...so owning something and having the flexibility to use it when I want would be nice.

What would some of you recommend given your experiences?

If I did get a bigger tractor I think I would get rid of the toro and get a push mower for edging. (Currently don't have one since the zero turn does such an amazing job...)

Thanks!!!
Mike

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville