Return to the Tractors Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New Lawn Tractor

Posted by mondo Michigan (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 30, 14 at 14:24

Giving my 3 year old HQV to son in law and looking for new unit. It is the 24 horse kow engine that is real nice, but the bagger belt was an issue so I will look at other brands. Budget is around $5k. Have 1 acre, some hills. Will only mow and bring the boat up to driveway from back yard. Want decent sized unit since I am a big boy. I have owned 2 HQV, also JD and Toro which were good units. Need good bagger for leaves as I have a lot of trees and will buy from dealer with maintenance service. Not a fan of Kohler engines. Will only mow and tow a lawn cart, no snow or garden needs. Not really wanting zero turn but tractor with tight steering would be nice. mid 40 to 50 inch deck or so. Plan on keeping this for a while so price could increase slightly if needed. Have a nice bluegrass lawn so want a good cut. Want quality unit. I am in SW Michigan. Any comments welcomed.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New Lawn Tractor

I like the John Deere x320 which is well in that price range or the Simplicity Broadmoor and Conquest.

o
RE: New Lawn Tractor

• Posted by larso1 So. CO Zone 5 (My Page) on
    Thu, May 1, 14 at 0:12

You may think you don't really want a zero turn until you start using one. It's so fast! If you actually like spending your time mowing for a day, then a ZTR is not for you. But if you like to get er done and have time for other stuff, the ZTR is the only way to go. Been there, done that. Had lawn tractors before, with and without baggers, now have a JD 425 EZtrak with fan assisted bagger and will never go back. Short learning curve using the sticks. Of course this is just my opinion...YMMV.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tractors Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here