Return to the Tractors Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Gravely ZT 1540 just stopped

Posted by ndmaster TN (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 28, 09 at 14:30

And it now won't start. Have had it for 3 seasons (beginning its fourth).

When I try to restart it, it turns over, but won't fire. Never had problems with it before. Full of gas, no apparent loose wires, connections.

Please help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Gravely ZT 1540 just stopped

Try a new sparkplug first (weakest link in the system) ....could have water in the carb .....start there and we'll go from here ,Jim

o

If everything checks out, that is it's getting spark and there is fuel in the tank, check one more thing, is the fuel actually getting to the carb. The reason I say this is on mine I'm having a problem drawing fuel out of the tank. The fuel pump is fine but there is an air leak at the fitting at the tank, black hose outside the tank is ok but inside the tank where the clear hose connects the hose has gotten soft and the clamp will not seal well enough to permit the fuel to be drawn out. Last season I epoxyed the joint and finished the season , but I am having the same problem this season. I am open for other ideas. I plan on calling the dealer Monday to see if they have a permanent fix for this. The newwer Models have relocated the tank to allow gravity feed.

o

I got mine running today. i used a different style hose clamp and left the fitting outside the tank.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tractors Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here