Return to the Tractors Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Husqvarna leaves grass clippings

Posted by db4867 none (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 26, 13 at 14:47

Bought a YT42XLS tractor. I have cut the grass twice with it. The cut is great but the grass clippings leave a mess and my yard looks awful. My neighbors have Honda, Cub Cadet, John Deere
tractors with side discharge like mine and their yards look great.
My deck is the one with lifetime guarantee. My previous tractor was a JD with a mulching deck. Can anyone tell me why I am having problems with clippings and my neighbors don't.

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Husqvarna leaves grass clippings

Could you be more descriptive about the problem? Or post a pic possibly? Things that could be helpful: This a problem with how the clippings are dispersed and you are side discharging- correct- no mulch plug? Which blades are on the deck- a mulch type, bagger or discharge blade? Part #s are helpful and many times under the hood on a tag Was the tractor put into service properly- deck leveled, RPMs checked etc. Is there anything you have tried yourself- IE cutting at lower speeds or higher levels ? Grass length affect the dispersal?

o

I have the same problem... same mower. ... side discharge, no mulching blades. I've checked the deck level. I mow at 2.5 inches. worst looking lawn in neighborhood..pretty frustrated.. anyone have ideas??

o

to both complainers: take 1/3 max of grass height off per cutting ( ie., take only top 2 inches of 6 inch tall grass). Keep your engine RPM at full throttle all the time. vary your ground speed via the tranny controls. Slow down your ground speed a bit - particularly if you hear the engine barking harder under heavy load and shooting out a lot of cut grass.
Consider using a short length of rope and an eyebolt attached to your deflector where you can lift it up slightly to let the clippings fan out and broadcast a bit wider... BUT don't operate machine w/o deflector - too dangerous.
court of last resort? trade for what the neighbors are using.
good luck.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tractors Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here