Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jofl

craftsman dlt ez3 wont start

jofl
10 years ago

I have a craftsman dlt ez3 model 917.272190 with an b&s intek 25hp motor. A month ago I pulled it out of storage and it ran great once I freshen it all up. I have multiple issues with this lawn tractor, most have been solved. first the key broke and I had to wire in some switches. I made a new just "on" switch to run hot to the switches for the lights, starter, and other components with help of the wiring diagram. I also had issues with the starter just clicking of not even moving the fly wheel. Fixed it with a new solenoid. now it starts ( turns the flywheel at a good speed). I have cleaned the carb multiple times, new plugs, fresh fuel, clear the fuel lines, check the gap on the plugs. now it will just start but not fired off. I see a mist of fuel coming out the muffler, I have spark with a spark plug check " BUT only when ground to the motor, NOT the plug." I have tired this tester on other mowers and it will flash sparks when connected straight to the plug?? any help is much appreciated. My horses need their field cleared for the new grass to come in. THANKS JOSH

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting