Return to the Tractors Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
2002 craftsmen lt1000

Posted by wingnutt70 (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 5, 09 at 15:49

hi, i can get a 2002 craftsman LT 1000 for 150 bucks or less because the guy says it needs a trans. what trans was used in this tractor. i believe craftsman are made by AYP but i cant find nothing on the trans, would this be worth it?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 2002 craftsmen lt1000

Get the 917.xxxxxx model # for that LT 1000 and then go to the sears parts webpage - you'll find out what/cost xmission was in that machine. If it's a gearshift (manual), might be worth trying to repair/replace. If it's a hydro (auto), firget it. Good money after bad, IMHO. Others may disagree...

o

Honestly, it isn't worth $150 as a fixer upper either way if it needs a t/axle. He got his money out of it. Ask for a donation. Better deals are to be had.

o

Since you have a Craftsman I thought I would ask you about the automatic transmission. I bought a 19.5 HP 42" deck model with auto transmission. I want to keep it at a low speed but vibration makes the lever move down to fast. Do I have to hold it in position or what? TIA

o

Fix whatever is not holding the shift lever in place!

o

You could try outdoor distibutors for a new trans but in the long run you will be able to buy a new tractor for what you will pay for new transmission.

Here is a link that might be useful: Transmission parts

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tractors Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here