Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nzweekender

Replace deck on 2004 MTD riding mower.

NZWeekender
11 years ago

Hello,

I was hoping someone might be able to help me please?

My Dad has this 46" MTD Yardman riding mower. The model number is:
13AT604H701

The deck has rusted out and needs replacing and he's asked me if I can help find him what he needs. So I have a few questions if I may;

1. Checking online I get the deck shell part number as:
MTD 983-04125 (replaces 683-04103) but there seems to be a number of different variants of this part number, such as:
983-04125-0637
983-04125-0665
983-04125-0709
The last two have in their description "SD". Does that mean side discharge (which is what is needed)?

2. The part numbers above are for the shell with no wash port but there is another few shells with wash ports on the list so do you think i might as well get one with a wash port, if that's the only difference between the shells?

3. Dad also asked me to look around for a new 42" riding mower because his 46" deck is too large to fit in quite a few places. So now I'm wondering if there is an option to swap his 46" deck out for a 42" one and save him some money - the rest of the mower is fine, just the deck is not so good. But I guess that would mean going from a 3-spindle to a 2-spindle and I don't know if that's going to work out much of a saving, if any, but i thought I'd ask firstly if it's possible and secondly what parts I'd need please?

4. Where is a good place to purchase such parts like MTD/Cub Cadet deck shells and other spare parts please?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide. It is very much appreciated.

Regards,
Tony

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida