Return to the Tractors Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wheelhorse 520H temperature indicator

Posted by zhenchu (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 23, 14 at 17:37

I'm considering replacing the voltmeter gauge with an oil temperature gauge for the hydro. I seldom need to know if the battery is charging, but the hydro will overheat if it gets too much clippings on the hydro pump. I'm wondering if anyone has modifed their gauges on the wheelhorse series? Does anyone know the threading size for the temperature switch? What would normal operating temperature be for the hydro?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wheelhorse 520H temperature indicator

Does anyone know the threading size for the temperature switch?

A temperature switch turns things off and on such as cooling fans.
=======
A Transmission Temperature gauge sending unit sends the temp information to a gauge. They are so many different aftermarket brand and types of oil temp gauge kits that no one can tell you what thread size one will have.

Your next problem is finding a location the the Transmission to drill and tap a hole for the sending unit. The sending unit must be submerged in oil at all times to work correctly and give an accurate temperature reading. If the mower has a hydro filter that is attached to oil lines the temp gauge can be installed on one of the lines using a T.

Normally hydraulic oil is ok up to around 350*F . After it passes 350* for a period of time it begins to break down and and when it get to the point of being "burnt" you will know it by the smell.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tractors Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here