Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
krnuttle

JD LT155 parking brake

krnuttle
11 years ago

Several years ago I requested assistance from the forum. I got a lot of responses and have spent the last few years trying to get it to work.

While it looked like every thing was correct, and I would get it to work, during the spring servicing, once it was in the yard it would not work.

This spring I went all of the way. I found that part of the parking brake assembly was in the frame channel, While you could not see it on inspection, with mirrors you could see there was ten years worth of debris that was preventing the proper operation. I cleaned it out with difficulty because it was not easily accessible.

While lying on the floor, I realized there was an additional problem that I was not aware, and is not indicated in the manual. The manual says While pressing on the brake move the handle up to engage the parking brake.

This is not quite right as the face plate on the console is in the form of an inverted "T". To engage the brake you have to move the brake handle to the middle of the slot, and then up into the narrower slot at the top.

Hopefully I will not have to chase the tractor down the hill this year as I have a parking brake.

Sponsored