Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
blacknumber1

Kubota compact utility vehicle.

blacknumber1
16 years ago

I was at my buddy's mower shop the other night and another guy he knew had just picked this thing up and was showing it off, sorry I didn't get a model # but I looked it over and was impressed! Compact diesel motor, 4x4, diff lock, power steering, independant front and rear suspension and a full hydraulic system to operate the dump box and even hydraulic PTO attachments. Very solid machine that puts all those green utility vehicles to shame, this thing could go through almost anything!

Comments (13)

• hippy
    16 years ago

Do they have a front mount for attachments?

I choose a Bobcat when I went looking a few years ago for that reason and have a loader bucket on it at the moment.

Another thing I liked about the Bobcat was the 4 wheel steering. It has been through it and back. Yet it keeps doing the job. I have had to replace two hydro hoses to the front lifting cylinder. I cant complain for the damage was done from overloading the bucket with rock.

That is the only thing that they could improve as far I see. Build a bucket system that would allow you to load the bed with the front bucket..lol

• blacknumber1
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Im sure it will accept a snow blade and will push snow very well. There may be hydraulics on the front to power a front snowthrower or rotary broom, the hydraulic system on that machine was outstanding, beats the heack out of any electro-lift actuator on those green vehicles.

• aesanders
    16 years ago

More thn likely you saw an RTV 900. It is a nice vehicle. One thing you said was misleading though, it does not have a fully independent rear suspension. It is one of the toughest machines out their, but not as nice for offroading as something like the Polaris 700 XP which does have a true independent front and rear suspension and way better ground clearance and a top speed that doubles the Kubota. John Deere has a new XUV model that is really nice as well. It does have an independant front and rear suspension. It is similar in build quality to the Kubota. The Kubota has a new model RTV 1100 which is a fully cabbed model that even has air conditioning.

• johninmd
    16 years ago

A bit off subject, but anyway... I think its the new 700cc Yamaha Grizzly ATV, it now is getting power steering.

• hippy
    16 years ago

John
    The ole lady bought her a 660 Yamaha Grizzly. I like it and all. Except for all of the vibration felt through the handle bars. It will numb your hands and wrist if ridden hard.The Grizzly that is..

Rode a new 700 with EFI and power steering. Great machine. The EFI and power steering is to new for me at the moment. I will wait a year or so on them to get all of the bugs out of the system before I would buy one. Honda to has put power steering on a few models this year also. Same thing as with the Yamaha though. I will wait until all of the bugs are worked out.

Going up to the farm today and I will try to get a few pics of my Bobcat.

• blacknumber1
    Original Author
    16 years ago

They have one with air conditioning? I so want one! I've seen the new Deere vehicles, theyre impressive but nowhere near what this one is. Overall I think Kubota owns the compact equipment market.

• aesanders
    16 years ago

'I've seen the new Deere vehicles, theyre impressive but nowhere near what this one is. Overall I think Kubota owns the compact equipment market.'

The John Deere XUV is every bit as nice as the Kubota RTV. Are you sure you have seen it? Not knocking the Kubota either as it is a fine machine, but it is not head and shoulders above the Deere.

I think the best seller in this market is the Polaris 700xp. They are a sweet ride and the one I'd get over either the Deere or Kubota. It has a top speed of 50mph where the Deere and Bota are in the 20's.

• hippy
    16 years ago

I have not gotten to look at the new Kubotas. When I bought my Bobcat I just looked at it and the JD Gator. They can keep have that thing. It believe that they would drag on a cat turd and they had nothing at the time as far as attachments went.

Here it is with the bucket attachment.

{{gwi:321147}}

Rear axle setup with for the 4 wheel steering.

{{gwi:321148}}

Made it out to the farm and got to run a piece of the old iron.

{{gwi:321149}}

And a piece of the new. I picked up the PMZ60 for $2500.00 with 237 hours two weeks ago. It had always been shop serviced since new and well taken care of.

{{gwi:321150}}

Those Polaris 700xp's are nice. Looked at them last week at my Gravely guys who is also a Polaris dealer. Problem is they are just made to ride and that is it. You cant attach no implements to them other than a pull behind mower like Swisher or something. If I were going that big. I would just go ahead and get a Jeep.

• aesanders
    16 years ago

Hippy,

I have a tractor for attaching implements so no need for the utilty vehicle for that. Besides it can't dump a load into it's own box...
    I really like the acceleration of the 700xp. It will go places a jeep never will with it's light weight.

• blacknumber1
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Nice pix hippy. That homeade brush cutter thing looks straight out of a zombie movie, or a hevay metal music video.

The Polaris will go 50! Wow, I wonder if you can make it street legal and drive it around town. That'd be cool!

• aesanders
    16 years ago

'That homeade brush cutter thing looks straight out of a zombie movie, or a hevay metal music video.'

That's a Gravely 2 wheel tractor. They stopped making them a few years back, but they have been around for ever. They are one tough SOB walk behind trator. I have a BCS 2 wheeler myself, but would love to have one of the Gravely's to restore.

Here are somepics of my BCS:

Here is a link that might be useful: BCS 830

• hippy
    16 years ago

Blacknumber1
    That is a Gravely L model.

Gravely has been around since the early 1900's. The man who developed them and started the Gravely company here in West Virginia. He started out as a photographer. Around 1916 when Benjamin Franklin Gravely started working on the first tractors. On December 5, 1916, he patented the Gravely Motor Plow. Gravely introduced the Model L in 1937. Around 1955 he developed the T head engine. An engine that placed the intake on one side and the exhaust on the other. In 1960 the Gravely Tractor Company was bought by Studebaker corporation for $12.5 million. With the buyout went the Union at Dunbar WV. In 1968 the last tractor rolls of the line in the Dunbar Factory. Operations are moved to Clemmons, North Carolina.

When I go back to the Gravely dealer in Dunbar WV. I am going to take my camera. For they have a chromed out L model with serial number 149. They had thought about having a contest to give it away. But decided against the idea for they wanted it to end up in a true Gravely "mans" hands instead of being won by someone who would resale it on e-bay or something. It is valued at $10,000.00.

{{gwi:321151}}

• aesanders
    16 years ago

'The Polaris will go 50! Wo, I wonder if you can make it street legal and drive it around town. That'd be cool!'

I have heard a couple people getting them street legal.. I'm sure it would depend on the state you live in, but it does seem possible.

This is a cool site to check them out:

Here is a link that might be useful: PRC FORUM