Return to the Tractors Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Used JD Lawn tractor.

Posted by rustyj14 W/PA (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 24, 13 at 20:09

A feller stopped to look at a nice used JD lawn tractor. Tried it out in the yard, said it was just what he needed. Asked if he could take it home, then bring the cash next day! Didn't say what year! Didn't say what boat i had just arrived on!
I told him it doesn't work that way!
He came back tonight, left a hefty deposit, said he'd be back tomorrow. Works for me. My way, not his! RJ

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Used JD Lawn tractor.

sounds like old fashioned yankee trading to me, Rusty... :)

o

Maybe he's waiting on a government freebee check for the rest of the money.

o

If that was the case he would be buying a Cub.

o

well, well, roller baby... ever fix thet cracked battery of yers? best watch out - thet leaking acid will surely mess up thet million $$$$ jd shine... or (gawd forbid) crack thet frame !!

o

Nope, too busy to fix my battery. Been stealing the deck hangers from my neighbors Cubs and reshaping them into coat hangers.

o

sounds like antlerhead thinking, yes. Ain't it fun slumming? Oooops, what wus thet sound... wus that them dry front bushings in them l series again? Oh, waitaminnit - them is the ones that is just sposed to sit there and look purty green....

o

Wow, who wrote that for you? Rusty?

o

one always writes for the reader, roller boy. Posted anything constructive outside of cracked frame pixs lately ?

o

Careful, there, Wheely-boy! Anything you say may be held against you, in a court of Law! I haven't ever said anything derogatory about you, but there is always the first time! ;0)RJ

o

Well, the JD tractor came back today-man sez the tranny is slipping. Guess i'll give him a refund, and use it myself. It didn't slip for me, altho i didn't know why it was given to me. Must of been it, though.
Rusty Jones, The Little Profit Seller.
Oh, well, nothing ventured/nothing gained. I do sleep well!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tractors Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here