Return to the Tractors Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need layout spec's for a B&S Vanguard 21HP 35 385777-0115

Posted by drafted72 Chicago (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 18, 12 at 20:37

Need layout spec's for a B&S Vanguard 21HP 35 385777-0115

Can anyone provide the layout spec's (showing dimensions) for a B&S Vanguard 21HP 385777-115? I am replacing my B&S Vanguard 18HP 350777-1134-E1 which has a broken motor. I want to make sure my original muffler will fit it. I am putting the engine into a John Deere GT235.

The 350777 has already been rebuilt once 3 years ago, after the bolt holding the electric clutch on broke and when the clutch flew off, it crack the crankshaft. Therefore I had to put a new crankshaft in myself and I do not want to rebuild it a second time.

Briggs and Stratton recommends a replacement engine B&S Vanguard 18HP 356777-3137 for $1,338.00 ! I also have to make several modifications like taking flywheel & blower housing off old engine and putting it on the new engine and switching starters. Therefore, I rather not spend that much money on 11 year old tractor that requires modifications. B&S stop making the 350777 several years ago, and I haven't seen any used one.

Small Engine Suppliers recommends the B&S Vanguard 21HP 385777-0115 for $549 + S&H. The crankshaft, AMP/volts, keyway, drilled hole is all the same. I just want to see if the muffler will work. A local B&S dealer near my house said he can make me a muffler if needed.

Any other helpful thoughts would be welcome.

Thanks for the help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need layout spec's for a B&S Vanguard 21HP 35 385777-0115

On the 350777, the distance between the two exhaust ports is 10.844.

On the 38577, the distance between the two exhaust ports is 11.508.

this information is from the replacement engine sales catalog. According to the power portal, your engine does not exist, however 350777-1134-E2 does exist. Recheck your number. A short block is pn 496241.

o

This link might lead you to other options-

Here is a link that might be useful: GT235 engine repower

o

" According to the power portal, your engine does not exist, however 350777-1134-E2 "

Sorry about that... its 350777-1137-E1

I got the line spec's from the supplier this morning...

Thanks so much for looking. I am sorry, I had it wrong in my original posting

o
I got the 'line spec's' thank you

Bill, I saw that page and both engines they recommend will not properly work.

Thanks for looking for me.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tractors Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here