Return to the Tractors Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Yard Bug Internal Bagging System

Posted by Tom131 WA State (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 8, 12 at 22:32

Just inherited a Yard Bug Riding Mower, (Model 13B-325-401), Used only one summer. Excellent shape, kinda Fun! On the Grass Bag there is what the Manual calls a "Grass Fill Level Indicator". Mine only has the black rubber gromet, but no other functioning parts. The manual talks about a ball that drops as soon as the hopper is full (due to air flow). I know this thing is pretty cheap to buy, $13.66. The cut sheets show my gromet but no other working parts? Anybody got one of these? How is it configured? Does it really work?
Thanx,

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Yard Bug Internal Bagging System

Unfortunately, I own one. You'll come to know why I say "unfortunately" soon enough. I bought it new, and the grass fill level indicator never made any attempt to work. It wasn't a big deal to me - not worth taking the machine in for an attempted repair. The only other person I know who has a Yard Bug says his indicator never worked either.

o

• Posted by Tom131 Washington State (My Page) on
    Tue, Apr 10, 12 at 14:06

Thanks, Thats what I figured. I'm just going to sell mine. You mind if I ask what you paid new?

o

New, about 10 years ago was around $1,200. Not a very good investment.

o

The "Grass Fill Level Indicator" is a yellow ping pong ball. However, you may use a white ping pong ball if you desire. The ball floats on a stream of air until the grass bin is full and then it settles down into the gromet located on top of the bin. There is a small window on the bug cover just in front of the seat to view the ball.

It's a very simple system and works very well.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tractors Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here