Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
skippymud43

Help adjusting deck on 310-8

Ken Yolman
12 years ago

Hey All,

I don't immediately see any adjustments for the deck on my Wheel Horse 310-8. The PTO also seems to have only two settings, up/park and down/mow. Thought I'd drop by here to get input before further inspection.

Anyone have an Owner's Manual on PDF? Checked eBay but at no avail.

Comments (10)

• rcbe
    12 years ago

might try asking at this link

Here is a link that might be useful: red square

• Ken Yolman
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hi rcbe, I've downloaded "1986 300-Series OM #810437R1.pdf" but didn't find a thing on adjusting the deck. The PTO handle appears to only raise and lower (engage) the deck, but does not offer deck height adjustment, like level 1 thur 4 for example. Is this normal for the 310-8 or am I missing something?

• wheelhorse_of_course
    12 years ago

The height adjustment is via the deck wheels. This is a ground following deck so it is normally used in the down position with the height adjust being a lever on the right side of the deck that changes the wheel position.

I hope this helps

• Ken Yolman
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hello wheelhorse of course, back to you, Hey, thanks for the quick reply!

I've found that adjustment option, but it apparently raises and lowers only the back-end of the deck, hence, not a level deck. Is there a linkage on the deck which should normally keep the deck level (front-to-rear) during adjusting the deck wheels?

• justalurker
    12 years ago

Wheelhorse (ground following) mowing decks ride on the rear wheels with front wheels serving as anti-scalping wheels.

Mowing heights is adjusted by the rear wheels adjuster as was previously posted.

Deck leveling procedure and adjustment is outlined in the manual for the mowing deck. If you don't have it you can probably download it from Toro with the serial number and model number of the mowing deck.

• wheelhorse_of_course
    12 years ago

Hello again

Yes, there is a linking mechanism that adjusts the front to back levelness.

It is a link that goes front to back. Once adjusted (about 1/4 lower in the front of the center blade versus the back) it should remain level no matter how the wheels are set.

Current recommendations by turf experts cll for cutting fairly long, so you'll probably want to use the highest position.

You will need to determine the model number of the deck and we can probably find a manual for it.

cheers

• Ken Yolman
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hey wheelhorse_of_course, Thanks much for the detailed info and the whereabouts of the manual. This is very helpful.

• justalurker
    12 years ago

"Deck leveling procedure and adjustment is outlined in the manual for the mowing deck. If you don't have it you can probably download it from Toro with the serial number and model number of the mowing deck"

You are welcome.

• Ken Yolman
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Ah, justaluker, My eyes failed me, sorry. It was you who suggested the manual w/serial and model numbers. All good.

• Ken Yolman
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Downloaded the manual from Toro.com. The scan of it are horrible b/c I am unable to make-out the images of the deck, etc. But the text runs clear throughout. I think that I can piece it all together. Thanks for your help, all.

Sponsored
Fineline Deck Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars11 Reviews
Women Owned Construction Company Specializing in High Quality Decks