Return to the Tractors Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lawn sweeper vs. acorns?

Posted by nysff (My Page) on
Sun, May 29, 11 at 11:07

I have a fairly heavily wooded property we bought a few years ago. I don't know if last season was a bad year for acorns, but I had quite a crop across the a good part of lawn that was evident during spring clean up this year.

Any experience out there with a pull behind sweeper for my GT picking up acorns? How well do they do at it? I could probably pick up a decent used one on CL for some fall and spring clean up, but if they don't work that well at acorns, probably not worth the purchase since I mulch in the summer and use my Cyclone Rake for leaves.

Also, any comments on brands? Agri-fab, Ohio-steel, Craftsman, etc. Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lawn sweeper vs. acorns?

the lawn sweeper will pick up acorns if you set the the brushes low enough without dragging the wheels most of the time. Your CR will also suck them up if you set the deck low enough. You can multch them. Agri-fab amd craftsman IMO are the same. Sears may call for different gear ratio's but all and all the exact same unit. I have both and Don't see much difference between the two. I like going over the acorns with my multch plug in and the deck set low. It multches them into the yard and nut blasts my deck clean all at the same time. After I go over my yard I see very few left unchopped. Guess it may depend on what type of grass you got and how low you can cut it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tractors Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here