Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tayvo20

Craftsman riding lawn mower will not go anywhere

Tayvo20
10 years ago

I have a Craftsman riding lawn mower with a Briggs and Stratton engine Model # 917.270531. At the end of last summer it was running fine. I am close to getting my mower running through the help of this forum but now my problem is that my mower will not go anywhere, I put it in gear but every gear seems just like it is in Neutral. The things I had done prior to this most recent problem are; installed a new magneto, Prior to finding out that was the problem, I had just put in a new solenoid, and taken the rear tire off to have it fixed. i started wondering if either one of those things had something to do with my newest problem (mower going nowhere). I got online and saw a forum that mentioned the same problem I was having and said that the problem may be that the "key" may not have been put back correctly or at all when replacing the tire. My problem is that I have never seen a "key". I am not even sure if this actually applies to my model. When I checked the list of parts online, I found a part listed as the 'axle hub key'. Can anyone tell me if this sounds like what is at the root of my problem.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting