Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
filibogado_gw

Hustler Mini Fastrak Loses Electric Power While Running & Dies

Filibogado
9 years ago

I have a Hustler FasTrak tractor w/ 15hp Kohler engine Model No. 927343 (2005). My problem surfaced as I was mowing and I got off my seat to pick up a tree branch. The seat safety start interlock system kicked in as I lifted my butt and the engine died since the deck clutch was engaged and the control levers in park brake position, as it was designed to do. But when I disengaged the deck clutch and turned the ignition starter switch on, the ignition red light would not turn on. I could hear the relay click as I pushed and pulled the deck clutch button. I fiddled with the seat cable underneath and the battery connections and after a few tries, the red light came back on and the engine started. I went back to mowing and then it happened again. The electric power is lost and the tractor engine dies while traveling. I then replaced the battery and the engine started with the new battery, and then it happened again. The engine dies, the red light does not turn on as the ignition switch is turned on, and then after several tries, the red light returns, the engine starts, and then it dies again.

Ever since this was new, this tractor has had a history of just clicking and clicking multiple times before the starter turns. This time though, the red light does not even come on and there is no click. It sounds like an electrical relay system problem similar to a malfunctioning solenoid switch on a car engine starter.

I would appreciate any suggestions on how to diagnose and fix the problem, preferably on a do-it-yourself basis. Thank you so much.

Fil

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message

Sponsored
Creating Thoughtful, Livable Spaces For You in Franklin County