Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sparky_ben_02

Turbo bagger RPM??

sparky_ben_02
10 years ago

I recently purchased a Simplicity bagger system at auction and retrofitted it to fit my zero turn Troy Bilt. It seems that the blower on the bagger system is turning too slowly and I cannot find the rated RPM anywhere to get my pulley ratio right. Can anyone help with this matter? The number on the blower is 1692716

Comments (6)

• larso1
    10 years ago

Can't say for your specific blower system, but did find these specs for an EverRide commercial ztr grass collection system which might be close, or at least give you an idea:

HORNET GRASS CATCHER
    Part Number ZGC4852
    Capacity 3 Bag 12 Bushel
    Fan Drive Belt to Gearbox from Right Deck Spindle
    Fan Speed 3500 RPM
    Tube Size 6.0" Flexible Wear Resistant
    Boot Design High Density Polyethylene

• sparky_ben_02
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you! That's definitely a start...

• sparky_ben_02
    Original Author
    10 years ago

anyone else have any advice?

• larso1
    10 years ago

Unless you can find the mfr's rated speed somewhere (Google, etc.), you have 2 options the way I see it:

1) get (borrow, etc.) a stand-alone strobe/tachometer with digital rpm readout. These can cost upwards of $600 new depending on features; or,

2) figure the final driven pulley speed based on the max. engine rpm (assume 3200 to 3600rpm) which I assume is the same as the PTO pulley speed (someone correct me if I'm wrong). You'll need to measure the dia. of all of the pulleys from the driving pulley (PTO) at the engine output to any intermediate pulleys and finally to the final driven pulley at the turbine. You can do the simple math based on the Machinery's Handbook calculations for pulley speeds. I have attached the link to the Machinery's Handbook. The pages you want are 2370 and 2371. Good luck!

"Calculating Diameters and Speeds of Pulleys
    Pulley Diameters and Speeds."

Here is a link that might be useful: Machinery's Handbook

• sparky_ben_02
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I appreciate your advice but I have already figured out the rpms of my engine and deck. I am well versed in pulley ratio conversions. I only need the manufacturer's rated rpms. Great advice for others on the thread though!

• larso1
    10 years ago

Well then, looks like I'm the only one responding on this. At the risk of telling you something you're already well versed at, a few Google results indicate this turbo blower assy. was designed for a Simplicity 38, 44, 50-in. deck Broadmoor/1600/2600, Landlord/1700/2700, & ZT. The electric PTO pulley diameter on the mower needs to be known and I'm sure you could call a supplier such as Jacks Small Engines and they will tell you....It's Simplicity part No. 1713187SM pulley assembly. After you find out that diameter, you should be able to find the driven pulley speed (and therefor the blower speed) at the blower since you are well versed in pulley ratios. Sheesh!

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio