Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
headapt

Riding Lawn Mower Issue

headapt
9 years ago

My riding lawn mower has continued to sputter and almost die after 45 minutes of cutting our yard. I somehow complete the job each time but barely and in not an ideal situation. I have had my yearly maintenance done on it just a couple months ago and had a lawn mower expert look at it after I told him about what was happening and he said it was fine after running through some tests and gave me some suggestions. However, since then it has continued even after following them. I have tried charging it for hours, cutting the grass higher and taking a half hour or so break giving the lawn mower a break, but it doesnt matter. It always happens at the same time near the end of my cut. It seems to me that the engine is really overheated as it is super hot afterwards but maybe it has always been super hot as I never really analyzed the temperature before when all was cutting normally. I have been doing nothing different than previous years. I have googled it reading about cleaning the carburetor and more but I just got it serviced, so figured that was done.....and I dont feel comfortable doing that because I have never done that before. Anyone have any idea what it could be or have any suggestions? So frustrating. Last year my alignment and wheels were off.....now this new issue. Any thoughts are appreciated! :)

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Franklin County's Preferred Architectural Firm | Best of Houzz Winner