Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
garden_fool

slime emergency tire repair

garden_fool
9 years ago

I used slime tire repair in my tiller tire to stop a slow leak several people told me they have done the same to golf carts and wheel barrows.and just left it in there. Several other people tell me if I leave it in it will damage the tire. Could I get some opinions from you experienced people. Thanks

Comments (7)

• User
    9 years ago

I used Slime. A while later I had to remove the tire. What a mess and the time I had to take to refinish and repaint the rim was far longer and more work than a proper repair would have been. I'll never use Slime again.

If you need a tubeless repair in the tread area use a cheap and easy plug or there's the option of installing a tube or for more $$$ have the tire foam filled.

• bill_kapaun
    9 years ago

If I buy another item with a Slimed tire I swear I'll shoot the B!

• hippy
    9 years ago

Slime is only good for about a year. Then what does not set up turns to a liquid that is very corrosive to rims.

I have saw to many rims ruined by the stuff to ever use it.

I will stick with tubes.

• mla2ofus
    9 years ago

Haven't found what it does to wheels yet but liquid laundry starch works good.
    Mike

• rcbe
    9 years ago

spray on a little soapy water to pinpoint the leak - then plug if tread or tube if sidewall - replacetire if rim leak,cleaning/repairing/even replacing rim as needed.
    No slime or such, imho.

• krnuttle
    9 years ago

I agree with the slime comments, but the comment spray a little soapy water does not always work. I have a slow leak (about two pounds loss from 12pounds every couple of weeks) that is proving impossible to find.

So far I have decided to live with it.

• rcbe
    9 years ago

knuttle - point well made on slow leaks - they can be tough to find. Have you chkd your valve stems?

Sponsored
Industry Leading Landscape Contractors in Franklin County, OH