Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
radiosam

my john deere dealer sucks !!!

RadioSam
12 years ago

Here is a copy of feedback I just left on the website of Earheart Equipment in Warrenton, VA. If/when they respond, I will post their response. I hate to write negative feedback to post in public, but I have bent over backwards to work with them... Here it is:

-------------------------------------------------------

I have been a happy John Deere Lawn/Garden tractor owner for the past 15 years, buying all of them from Tribble Equipment (Now Earheart Equipment) in Warrenton. Today, I am not so happy anymore. Here is why...

I called the Warrenton Earhart dealership two weeks ago about trading in my 2005 GX345 towards a D130 w/bagger and spoke with the sales person named Dean. Dean took all my information, said he would talk to the Manager and call me right back. The next day, I didn't hear from him so I called and he said he was too busy and would call me later in the day.

Three days later, after not hearing from Dean, I drove to the Dealership (about 30 miles away) to visit Dean. He wasn't there, so I spoke with the Sales Manager (Tuck ... I think) and he told me he would come to my home that evening or the next day to view and take photos of my trade-in. A week went by, and no visit from Tuck, so I called him this past Saturday and he told me he would call me at 10AM this morning (Monday). At noon...I still didn't hear from him so I drove to the dealership and neither Dean or Tuck were there.

I am having very bad feelings about Earheart Tractor now. Is this the way you earn the loyalty from your customer base?

If you didn't want my trade-in, have the courtesy (or guts) to tell me, but ... don't make commitments to me that you have no intention of keeping.

----------------------------------------------------------

Whew....now I feel a little bit better. I hope they respond with something positive....

Comments (6)

• RadioSam
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Wow...within 10 minutes of leaving the above message with Earheart Equipment (on their website) I received a call from them and they will check "the numbers" and call me back this evening before 5PM (1 hour and 15 minutes).

They didn't comment on the reason (or excuse) the calls weren't returned to me.

I will update this posting if/when anything happens.

• User
    12 years ago

My local JD dealer is as underwhelming as yours and has the area locked up solid.

The old timers around here tell me...

There are two kinds of John Deere dealers... the John Deere dealers who made John Deere what it is today and the John Deere dealers who made Kubota what they are today.

We only have limited power and if we want things to change we have to vote with our wallets.

• exmar zone 7, SE Ohio
    12 years ago

I live on a farm and everything is "green" with respect to the big tractors, etc. Little tractors is another story with me. My brother is a rabid JD fan. A few years back he bought a JD from the local dealer to cut his grass with. I don't know the number, but it is a 20HP, Hydro, and the only options were ag tires and wheel weights, he got it for $4000. He borrowed my utility trailer to pick it up, as they wanted another $85 to deliver it-a whole 18 miles......

I totally agree with Justalurker, "vote with our wallets." for those of you who feel "warmth in your shorts" when you look at green, enjoy!

Ev

• RadioSam
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Well...Earheart Equipment lived up my expectations....

They did call back before 5PM, only to tell me that the trade-in I was wanting would have been a fair deal for both them and I....but...here is the kicker; the company just now, today, declared they are not going to take any more riding mowers as trade-ins.

If Dean or Tuck would have gotten off their buts and worked with me, this negative John Deere dealer thread would not been started.

I talked with a local Scag, Honda and Exmark dealer and they will take care of my servicing needs in the future for my JD GX345 Garden Tractor.

Goodbye Earheart...good luck, I hope you can keep some of your customers, but don't cry "poor economy" when you file for Chapter 11. Yes, the economy isn't good right now, but you more than make up for it with PEE-POOR customer service.

• popcornhill
    12 years ago

I'm backing you up RadioSam....let it be known that I WILL NEVER BUY ANYTHING from Earheart JD!! Their JD stands for JUNIOR DEALER. So they better not move to Texas! And if my JD dealer gets that low on service I'll quite them to!

• doberman_2007
    12 years ago

My dealer was a bit slow on issues, calling Deere wont do any good at least that is how I felt, they let the dealer handle all issues... In the end they came through and have been fantastic. If ya spend 1 dollar or 100000 you should be treated the same. A poorly treated customer usally doesnt return, and a lot of people just leave moths or years later you may drive by their home and wonder why his backside isnt nestled on your color tractor.

Sponsored
Industry Leading General Contractors in Pickerington