Model: 38072

Serial Number: 7912530

Aprox age: 1997

Engine Specifics - from the motor

Brand: Tecumseh

Model: HSK70

Family: 103282T (H)

Dom: 6339R

I'm working on a Toro 724 snowblower which is in nice shape - I'm thinking of adopting this unit for my winter cleanups.

While it runs, its missing a few minor parts and before I start ordering the pieces - I want to ask the group for some feedback on 3 issues:

#1 question - probably an easy one. I would like to know if this motor (7HP) has a lighting coil on it... A light on the snowblower would be REALLY handy for my long driveway during evening cleanups. I'm guessing not - but if it is light capable then Im gonna invest in a light for it. If not - oh well...

#2: Ive not dug into this yet, but when I start the motor - I notice that the 2 stage auger is spinning... I CAN STOP the front auger with my boot. I would think something is not adjusted properly. Any tips on where to begin looking? I assume I need to remove the access panel (belly pan) from the bottom of the unit. And once its on its side I can begin my inspection / adjustments...

Dont know what to look for with the Auger moving without the handle squeezed ... I assume its not a big deal, but if one of you can save me some time with tips and trick even better.

#3 - When its running - I hear some rattling down there somewhere - so it seems something is a bit loose - Feeling around outside while the machine is running (levers, handles, rods, etc.) I cannot silence the rattle - so it seems it might be down low hidden internally.

Thanks in advance - Dave.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County