Return to the Tractors Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
cub cadet mower deck

Posted by adema19403 pa (My Page) on
Tue, May 27, 14 at 16:09

I have a cub cadet lawn tractor hds 2135 i was wondering if their is away to raise the mower deck higher i have it raised as far as it will go
Thanks in advance

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: cub cadet mower deck

that's a pretty standard lawn tractor but a few yrs old... for what reason would you want to be raising the deck higher now?

o

I would like to cut the grass a little higher because when i cut it now it is burning the lawn

o

I see. Trying to further raise the cutting height on that tractor could involve replacing all 4 rims/tires with larger sizes - a considerable investment.
You might look at 1) making sure your deck blades are properly sharpened; 2) adjusting your grass cutting schedule to where you don't have to take off any more than about 1/3 of the grass's full height to have it properly trimmed and 3) cut back on any fertilizer applications currently being made.
Also, make sure your deck is leveled per your operators manual - it will help.
BTW - are the burned spots coming from your tractor's engine exhaust made when the engine is running but the tractor is not moving ?

o

If you think it is not raising the deck high enough, have you checked the air in the tires?
Underinflation of tires is often the cause of uneven cutting heights and if all are underinflated, the cutting height will be low all around.
Making sure all the tires are inflated to the correct pressure is the first step one should do when checking deck height.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tractors Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here