Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aaronyoung

Husqvarna YTH 2448 wont always start

aaronyoung
9 years ago

My lawn tractor is a Husqvarna YTH 2448. When it starts up it sounds great but often when I turn it off it wont start again. I find that if I jiggle and move the shifter in neutral that it will eventually start but it takes a lot of tries to find the sweet spot.

When it wont start the engine tries and spins up just a split second. It seems to be acting like its in gear even though its in neutral. IF I try too many times eventually I get the clicking sound and it doesn't even try to turn over. I have to wait and let it sit before trying again.

I do have the issue where if I put it in neutral when its running it doesn't always stop...or that has "creep" but before I turn it off I made sure it is in the neutral position and is no long moving (not creeping forward in neutral)...takes some jiggling around in neutral to get it to stop completely.

Also noticed my clutch/brake seems loose and sounds like I am breaking something to get it pushed down...sounds like a loose spring or something.

The starting issue is really making it impossible. I tested the battery because it seemed to me like it was a low battery but its fine. I even took one out of my working mower.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Columbus Premier Design-Build and General Contractor