Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tru2au

Murray 13.5 HP Running Rough

tru2au
10 years ago

Yes, I had my mower behind my building covered up at the end of the summer last year. Needless to say the cover came off. The top had a lot of rust on it. I took it to a guy that works on my mowers. He got all the engine parts that were rusted sanded down. He flushed out the system including the carburator and gas lines. He got it up and running fine. I took it home and unloaded it. It run rough and was popping and smoke was coming out of the muffler. Gas was leaking out of the bottom of the carburator. It has two wires connected to it. I took it back to him. I paid $40 for a carburator rebuilding kit and he rebuilt it. It still was doing the same thing. He is 79 years old and he said he just can't fool with it anymore. Of course that was after I paid him the $35 for the first repair trip. I have went and bought a new gas and air filter. A spark plug and a battery. I now have $130 invested in this mower. I made the mistake of taken it to someone that I thought could fix it. Now before I pay another $100 to get it running. Can anybody give me any help. The model # of the motor is 21B807. The Type is 0239E1and the Code is 040329ZA. I would greatly appreciate any help. Thanks and have a "Blessed" day. Chris

Comment (1)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH