Return to the Tractors Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Used Simplicity Broadmoor or new Regent EX?

Posted by Planedriver none (My Page) on
Tue, May 27, 14 at 20:13

Hi all, I'm moving up in the world to a tractor and need some advice. I'm in WI and my ultimate goal is to find something to cut 3/4 of an acre and to clean out the driveway. I'll cut to the chase:

I've found a 2007 Broadmoor (B&S 20HP Vanguard, 44" Deck, w/ never used single stage 46" blower attachment w/ rear weights) for $2200. It has 290 hours on it. Or,

Buy a new Regent EX and figure out the snow option from there. Cost is an issue and I'm wondering if that Broadmoor is just too good to pass up? I've read good things about the Vanguard as well as the K57 transmission.

TIA.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Used Simplicity Broadmoor or new Regent EX?

Follow on: How is 290 hours on that engine? I can find some info on guys running 1000+ easy on the bigger (>33HP) Vanguards but have found little on the longevity of the smaller ones.

o

For one thing the Broadmoor was built by Simplicity BEFORE they were bought by B&S so you'd be getting a real Simplicity.

The Vanguard has a great rep and the K57 is a good trans.

The ground hugging roller deck on the Broadmoor mows great except on rough terrain.

For $2200 I wouldn't be wasting time typing on a keyboard.

o

I appreciate the feedback. I've been absorbed by a little bit of Analysis Paralysis but I think your direction is definitely the way I'm leaning. Much obliged.

o

Yes, at 290 hours, the Vanguard is almost completely "broke in" and is ready for regular service.

o

I used a Regent for mowing for about 8 years. I would never consider doing anything with snow with that machine. It is a very good lawn mower but a little light weight.

o

Moving snow with a blower puts a lot less load on an LT than trying to plow. A quality LT with a blower and weight and chains can be quite competent at blowing snow especially if that LT has a K57.

o

Thanks again everyone. I picked up the Broadmoor today and I must say I was pleasantly surprised. The added bonus was...only 183 hours on it! I got...
2007 44" mower - 2690275
Rear weight carrier - 1694312
2 50# weights - 1692939
Blower subframe - 1695196
Single stage 46" snowthrower - 1694296
Chains

for $2200. You guys rock.

This post was edited by Planedriver on Wed, May 28, 14 at 21:08

o

Look into some 2 link chains before it snows.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tractors Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here