Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dirtfan63

MTD Tractor Wont Start

dirtfan63
10 years ago

Hello, any and all help would be greatly appreciated! I have an MTD 14.5 HP Briggs tractor, model #13am673g022. I replaced all the belts on the tractor, battery holds a good charge, cleaned terminals on battery end, cleaned connection to starter. The tractor has intermittent issues, for a few days it will start right up fine then it will have a bunch of issues and not start at all. Sometimes the carb solenoid will click and sometimes it will not. Sometimes it seems messing around with the shifter, from neutral to f/r would help or moving the speed selector. The most recent time it seemed that pressing very hard down on the clutch lever did the trick. Now we are not getting anything, no click from the carb solenoid or cranking at all. Im running out of things to check, I have a beeper box that when I put one end to the connector to the solenoid (on the side of the ground wire) and to the positive to the battery it beeps, but when it try the other side of the connector to the battery I get nothing. I do not know where to go from here....does any one have any ideas about where or what to check next?? Thanks so much!

Sponsored
Custom Premiere Design-Build Contractor | Hilliard, OH