Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
paulvan_gw

Kohler Command 17hp on Cub Cadet RZT 42

paulvan
9 years ago

Okay....Engine has approximately 400 hours on it. Everything started up fine this spring and was running great. I propped it up tilted backward to get underneath it to swap the blades out for sharpening and when I went to start it up the next time I have encountered the following:

When throttling up from the turtle to the rabbit it refuses to increase the RPM and rev the engine up.

The engine itself is acting like it is getting too much fuel which was confirmed upon examination of the carburetor.

The carburetor was very clean and is functioning properly. The solenoid clicks when turning the key to the run position and the float has no issues. The needle is in good shape also.

A friend and I also made sure that the manifolds were set at their spec distances just to be sure.

The linkages all appear to be set to the correct positions as well.

The gas from last year has run through the system and an additional tank and a half of new gas has been run through this spring.

We are at a deadlock as far as what it could be. The only thing we know for sure is that it is being flooded with gas and refuses to throttle up. If it is the carburetor then we are missing something, because it is spotless and appears to be functioning completely normal.

Ideas!

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?