Return to the Tractors Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Please direct me in choosing a mower/tractor

Posted by carress z6 NY (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 8, 14 at 0:43

I'm in the process of buying a 4 acre piece of property. Most of it is wooded, and I intend to clear an acre of that.
I also want to be able to plow with it. The driveway is a pretty steep incline, and the base is large enough to park 12 cars.

It would be nice if this thing could haul as that would be useful in my clearing the land and transporting materials around the place.

I've looked at John Deere's site, and it seems like the x304 or x324 might be good options, but I'm just a smart person making a slightly informed guess, so who knows?

I haven't looked at other brands at all.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Please direct me in choosing a mower/tractor

You need to be looking at subcuts (sub compact utility tractors), not lawn tractors like the JD X3xx, and add a decimal place to what you're thinking you will spend.

Good place to start are the Kubota BX series or John Deere 1 series in new models.

o

I agree that the JD x3 series is too small, But you would be surprised what you could do with a JD X7 series, Yes a SCUT would be nice if you want to spend that much, Otherwise you could look for a good used JD X4 series also I think I would go with diesel.

o

You might be surprised that if you equip a JD X7xx the same as a JD 1 series that the X7xx is more expensive.

And bang for the buck a Kubota BX eats the lunch of the JD X7xx for sometimes less $$$ equally equipped.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tractors Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here