Return to the Tractors Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
John Deere

Posted by scott2020 MO (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 11, 14 at 8:15

Hello! I have a lead on a John Deere LX-266 with what looks like the Kohler Command engine. Looks to be from 2002 possibly. It has 119 hours on it, and he is asking $1800. Does that sound reasonable? Appreciate the feedback!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: John Deere

It seems to be good money he's asking, but if the hours are legit and all is well- you would have a nice tractor. Your 1800$ won't buy the same quality tractor new. In some respects, it is like buying a used car. Get some seat time on it and the deck and transaxle should run quiet. Tire and belt wear reflective of the hours. The front axle and steering links should be solid feeling yet etc. Then, enters the art of negotiation...

o
RE: John Deere

Thanks! I also found a GT245 with 385 hours asking $1800, and a GT235 with 550 hours asking $1600. The 235 has a 48 inch deck with the Briggs engine. I also looked at the Husqvarna YT42LS with Kawasaki engine at a dealer with list price of $2099. It is hard looking at 10 year old rigs with no warranty vs. a new one, but I can understand how the newer ones aren't as well built.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tractors Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here