Return to the Tractors Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Which is best???

Posted by Darran68 none (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 3, 14 at 8:25

Hi everyone I have a chance of either purchasing a new Cub Cadet LTX 1042 lawn tractor or a John Deere L110.
The Deere is not new it's a 2004 model I think but it has had many genuine new parts fitted including deck, pulleys and belts etc. the machine is in pristine condition with only a few hours on the clock.
I've read good reviews about both machines and the only difference between them is the Deere is $1000 less than the Cadet.
But the Cadet will come with a warranty from a mower store and the Deere is a secondhand private sale!
Any thoughts!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Which is best???

much would depend on your intended use/property description..?

o

Hi, I own an acre of land with approx 20 trees. One side of my property does have an incline of about 40 degrees. At the moment my neighbour lends me his old 11hp Greenfield which I must say cuts my lawn with ease. I tend to buy either item at the weekend but I don't want to get the wrong machine.
I am an auto mechanic and electrician by trade so on going maintenance and repairs arnt really an issue for me. But I need a machine that will last and not made out of cheese!!

o

others may disagree, but don't think either machine will suit you well as both have entry level hydro trannies that won't stand up well to that steep incline/hill you have. the JD has a better engine, but has more age.
Anyhow, both machines are classed as lawn tractors. Suggest you look for an used GARDEN tractor - they will have a more robust tranny and will be better suited to handle an acre of mowing over time...and you can get such with varying deck sizes.
Or - if you prefer - a zero turn machine.. perhaps a bit more dicey to handle on inclines, but doable, IMHO.
Good luck in your search.

o

Hi, thanks for the info! I will have a look around before the weekend. I'm not really keen on those zero turn items, they always seem abit pricey!
Thanks again!

o

Hi, thanks for the info! I will have a look around before the weekend. I'm not really keen on those zero turn items, they always seem abit pricey!
Thanks again!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tractors Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here