Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
optsyeagle

What Does A Lawn Tractor Weight?

optsyeagle
9 years ago

I am buying a small utility trailer for my Ford Escape to pull various things. I might want to put my lawn tractor in it as well. I doubt there would be a weight problem, but I couldn't find a weight for my tractor in my manual. I have a Craftsman LT1000 single cylinder 16.5HP model 944.605160.

I am just looking for rough weight numbers. Anyone know what the approximate weight of a lawn tractor might be?

Comments (8)

• mownie
    9 years ago

I put 944.605160 into the model search at Sears Direct and it replied Zero results for 944.605160.
    Where did you see that number on the tractor?
    If under the seat on a frame decal, double check the number to be sure you have it wrote down correctly.

• optsyeagle
    Original Author
    9 years ago

That model number is on the tractor and on my user manual. Don't feel bad. Sears has never recognized it. I have seen others on here with the 944 model numbers and they seem to have the same problem.

Anyway. the weight of any Craftsman model with around 16hp motor, single cylinder motor would probably give me a ball park.

• yardtractor1
    9 years ago

Ballpark: 500 lbs. I believe my son's YT4000 is 515 lbs.

• yardtractor1
    9 years ago

This may be helpful, but it does not have weights for all of the listings.

FYI 944 is the Sears OEM code for Husqvarna.

Here is a link that might be useful: tractordata

This post was edited by yardtractor1 on Tue, Jun 3, 14 at 16:35

• optsyeagle
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks for that. I had heard that Husqvarna made a few craftsman. I still have always had a hard time finding my 944 model number under anything Sears puts out.

Do you know if there is a cross reference model number for craftsman using the Husqvarna 944.605160 on my craftsman operators manual.

Also thanks for that weight. That was probably what I would have guessed at. My trailer can pull over 1200 lbs, so I didn't think the LT would be a problem, I just wasn't sure.

• bill_kapaun
    9 years ago

The 944.xxxxxx is a Canadian version.

• yardtractor1
    9 years ago

"My trailer can pull over 1200 lbs, so I didn't think the LT would be a problem, I just wasn't sure."

Keep in mind that a trailer's maximum weight capacity is independent of the towing vehicle's maximum towing capacity/rating. That limitation depends on more than just the weight of what is loaded on the trailer.

Be safe.

Edit: sorry, can't help with a cross reference.

This post was edited by yardtractor1 on Tue, Jun 3, 14 at 19:10

• rcbe
    9 years ago

... and don't forget to secure that tractor's hood down should you get it loaded - seen too many sad tales here over the years of loose hoods damaged while being transported... :)