Return to the Tractors Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dixon 428 drive cone replacement

Posted by flattopfred 35077 (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 23, 09 at 8:56

Anyone ever tackled the job of replacing the cones in a Dixon standard transaxle and the re-adjusting of the whole thing? How bad is it? Or is it bad at all?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dixon 428 drive cone replacement

Well the really bad news is that with a 428 you have to take the body off and put it back on to try out OR make a test seat. (plus it is old)

Email me at address below, put in proper format, and I will send you some pages on adjustment etc. Thirty years experience.

Walt Conner
wconner at verizon dot net

o

Must not have wanted help on Dixon after all.

Walt Conner

o

No, would still love the information. I tried sending 4 different e-mails to your address but they kept coming back saying undeliverable. I did put your address in the correct format. Can you send me the address again so I can check it? I did not re-post because i did not think you would get the mssg. Any help will still be greatly appreciated! Thanks

o

Sorry about that. I do not post my actual address because of the "Crawlers" that harvest email addresses automatically from such forums for Spam. OK, I see the problem, I left out the 5 again.

Walt Conner
wconner5 at verizon dot net

o

Ihave a mod. 428 need info on replacing cones.
Thanks

o

How to replace cones and adjusting on Dixon 428 ZTR

o

IF you are trying to reach me, my address changed due to sale of service provider. Put in proper format and remind me what you want.

Walt Conner
wconner5 at frontier dot com

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tractors Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here