Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sorterguru

Any problems with Kohler sv725s

sorterguru
12 years ago

I have a sears gt5000 tractor with a kohler cv730-0044 motor that blew up. As stated in another thread on this site, there are major issues with that motor. I don't want to spend a lot of money and put another crappy motor back in so I started looking around for another motor that will fit. I found another site with a motor, kohler courage sv725s, that the seller says will fit in my tractor, so my question is, has anyone had any major issues with this motor. Thanks for all your info.

Comments (6)

• tomplum
    12 years ago

Well, actually the Command that the Courage would be replacing is a better motor if that tells you anything. The Command from a longevity point had some headgasket issues, that's about it that I see. I've done headgaskets on Courage twins as well. Really the twins seem fine in the Courage line. The rest is splitting hairs in sorting the differences between the two for the average person.

• sorterguru
    Original Author
    12 years ago

So I guess your saying that all the big Kohler's are crap. Here is the link about the cv730 on this site. Read it and many, many people have had major problems with that motor. It blows oil big time. "Big Time Problems, 25 hp Kohler on Craftsman / Husqvarna/AYP" If you say the sv735 is crap too, do you have any ideas about a replacement motor? I paid over $3000 for this tractor and I don't want to junk it.

• mownie
    12 years ago

Where is the link?

• tomplum
    12 years ago

"So I guess your saying that all the big Kohler's are crap" Nope. The news flash is mechanical things have the need for repairs from time to time. Another brand of engine will require modifications.

• mownie
    12 years ago

I'm still looking for that link! Haven't slept in 3 days.

• rcbe
    12 years ago

Aw, Mownie... ya gotta understand this boy's a "GURU".. and has been here over a month !!! :)