Return to the Tractors Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What To Buy2.

Posted by Hoesay 10 (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 21, 14 at 13:57

The transmission on my John Deere JS61 walk behind mower just died and was too expensive to repair. I got lucky and replaced it with a nice used Honda self propelled mower but I find the 3 hour long mowing, whacking and edging is taking too long and my age, aches and pains have me looking at one of two snapper RER's. The dealer has one old-style brand new snapper RER left with the pull start engine, and all the new ones...Like someone else here posted,what to buy?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What To Buy2.

• Posted by larso1 So. CO Zone 5 (My Page) on
    Sat, Jun 21, 14 at 15:46

That one in the photo looks real nice. If it's the older model I would buy it if I were you. Nice clean design, motor right out in the open for full access, stores up on its back for minimal storage footprint and full access to the underside of the deck. Great reputation for reliability. What could be much better? My next door neighbor had one FOREVER and it always worked well and gave a nice cut.

o

Thanks for the reply and the more I read about the older models vs. the newer models, I find myself leaning to this older model Snapper RER mower. Dealer has a nice discount on the last older model in the store, and I'm leaning to the lower center of gravity the older model seems to have over the newer model as some slopes I on my lawn might be a challenge. Photo of newer models attached.

This post was edited by Hoesay on Sat, Jun 28, 14 at 5:39

o

I would say that any brand of mower with the exception of HUSQVARNA would be a good buy !

My Husqvarna LT154 bought new, with only two hours running broke the belt to the cutting blades. No problem you would think, a straight foreward warranty claim you would think, wrong !

Husqvarna when contacted said, quote , , 'belts never break' and even if it had have broken it would be outside the warranty as it would be classed as wear and tear' ,end quote.

Wear and tear, after two hours use ??

So if belts never break how come they sell re-placement belts ??

My advice to any one considering buying any type of machine would be buy anything EXCEPT a Husqvarna, their warranty is not worth the paper it is written on !!

Oh, guess what? As a gesture of good will from them, you know that belt that never breaks, they sold me one at trade price !!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tractors Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here