Return to the Tractors Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Craftsman tractor won't move 917.271011

Posted by rezmdk (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 10, 08 at 14:16

I was on a small incline when I stopped the tractor with the brake/clutch, I removed the brake and the tractor would not move but kept running. The belt looks fine but I can't get it to lock into any gear. How can you test if the transaxle has gone bad? Any ideas???

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Craftsman tractor won't move 917.271011

Sounds like you are saying 2 things are happening???

Is the brake "locked" so that the tractor can't physically be moved
OR
you can't get the tractor in gear
OR BOTH?

o
RE: Craftsman tractor won't move 917.271011

Put a glove on your right hand and when the tractor is not running reach under the right rear of the tractor(from back) and push on brake actuator(flat piece of metal mounted north and suth of tractor higher in front then back)... this will release your stuck brake....then go to garage with tractor and get 1/2 inch wrench and loosen brake adj nut in same area. only maybe 1/2 to 1 full turn...recheck brakes to ensure they still have enough "grab"

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tractors Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here