Return to the Tractors Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Leveling Mower Deck

Posted by smilin_2009 (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 27, 10 at 15:47

I need to level my 38" Simplicity Regent mower deck which has a mulch kit attached. Seems to be blind spots when trying to get a good measurement. Any good ideas on the correct way to measure side to side and front to back. The instructions are fine in the manual but as far as measuring the blades from tip to floor is not as easy as it may seem. Thanks in advance!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Leveling Mower Deck

Here is a link that might be useful: John Deere Mower Deck Leveling Gauge

o

I would Make sure the tire pressure is correct and equal on both sides before you do any leveling.

o

Thank you mssurveyor.......I knew there had to be something out there.....I will certainly get one of these leveling gauges.
And I check the tire pressure often. Thanks, rcmoser!
As always, good advise on this forum.

o

Stens offers 2 deck leveling gauges also.

Here is a link that might be useful: Stens Gauges

o
stens gauges

Ah, the link didn't keep the page. Just type in leveling gauge in the box and click "Go".

o

Be sure to check that the area you park the tractor on to do your blade measurements is level side-to-side and front-to-back as well.

o

I need to level my Scotts 17hp/42" mower by John deere. I bought it in 2002 and don't have my manual any longer. The left side is lower than the right side. Any directions would be greatly appreciated.

o

The gauge sounds nice. I have always used a triangle about 5 inches high cut out of a 1 by 6. Place one of the sides of the triangle on the ground and mark where the blade comes to on the angle.(naturally do this first measurement on the grass exhaust side,where you can see what you are doing) Then compare it to the other side. This works much better than trying to actually trying to measure it as it will stand by itself being it has a 1/2 base to hold it up,so all you have to do is check the measurement and not worry about having to hold the gauge up,as this side of the deck has the blades blocked from view. This works for side and front to back measurements.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tractors Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here