Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rager_w

I love my new toy....

rager_w
11 years ago

This thing is great! Now I can regularly clean the deck and sharpen blades. Removing the deck is a small pain

Comments (13)

• romore_gw
    11 years ago

A real back saver, that is nice.

• ckr74
    11 years ago

I saw those at Lowes. I might have to get me one. The floor jack doesn't go high enough. Nice useable toy for sure. Nice mower too.

• KubotaMaster
    11 years ago

I likes the built in feature on my mower.

• rcbe
    11 years ago

H,mmm - is JD now dropping deck chute deflectors?

• KubotaMaster
    11 years ago

Cant beat a lift built right into the mower.

• rager_w
    Original Author
    11 years ago

That is cool, but sure hope it goes much higher. A floor jack will lift that high.
    JD did NOT drop the deflector. I took it off when I installed the mulch kit.

• User
    11 years ago

Removing the deck on an X500 should take about two minutes once you get used to it.

Another option to the Mojack (and safer) and great for winter storage while snowblowing...

{{gwi:326533}}

• rager_w
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Now come on Mr. Lurker. I have removed my deck several times. Getting the rear pins out and back in, alone (with no help) is a huge PITA. Getting the deck out from under the machine also takes time. Finally, tilting the deck up (by myself) is certainly not good for my back.
    There is nothing unsafe about the jack as long as you follow the rules, like jacking anything.

• User
    11 years ago

Now come on Mr. rager_w, I have removed my deck 25 times and it take about TWO MINUTES. Does take longer to install.

The trick with the J hooks is that there can't be any load on them or they are a PITA and you must have the deck height set at the lowest setting and the scalping wheels turned. Use one of those super bar pry bars to lever the rear corner of the deck and the J hook will come right out or go in.

Crawling under ANY jack is more dangerous than standing next to the vertical deck on wheels. With the axle kit on the deck it stands up with little effort and is FAR easier to work on than upside down on the ground.

I've also wondered how the transaxle and engine likes the oil running to the rear while the tractor stands at that angle. Rhino ramps are as steep an incline as I want and they are far cheaper than a Mowjack.

JMO

• larso1
    11 years ago

If you want EZ access to the underside of the deck, get a Grasshopper Powerfold electric actuated lift front mount mower. Doesn't get much better than this....

• wheely_boy
    11 years ago

justalurker, thanks for that photo. Looks like a great way to store the deck during plow season.

• javert
    11 years ago

Sears catalog stores have the Mojack on sale for $200 - Friday and Saturday (July 6 & 7) only. This is $30 off.
    (This is from a flyer I received in the Fort Worth, Texas, area - I don't know how widespread the sale is.)

Sponsored