Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pinch_me

1966 Colt lawn tractor

pinch_me
12 years ago

I don't need to use my 1966 Colt any more but I don't want it to end up in the junk yard. Where could I post it for sale that someone who would want to keep it forever see the post? There must be an "antique" forum somewhere.

{{gwi:333153}}

{{gwi:333154}}

{{gwi:333156}}

Comments (14)

• mownie
    12 years ago

Do a search on google or yay hoo for case colt garden tractor club.

• pinch_me
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Good Heaveans!! They're everywhere! Thank you!! I really didn't want the old boy to end up scrap...and I don't know if I can let him go.....but....he'll sit here and rust....so....Sigh...I'll join a couple of those and see if I approve of anyone ;-)

• gator_rider2
    12 years ago

I'm member of casecoltingersoll dot com that be good place to find collector for that tractor.

• pinch_me
    Original Author
    12 years ago

thanks, gator_rider2. I joined.

• lionsfan815308_gmail_com
    12 years ago

i know someone who would truly love and restore this great rractor.

• pinch_me
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Oh, Dan! I don't know if I'm ready.... In my heart I know it would be the best thing. Today is the first time I actually put into words rehoming the old boy. I didn't expect this post to get any response. Give me a couple of days to get used to the idea and then get back to me, OK? Either through this post or from my page at gardenweb.

• pinch_me
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Dan, I'm in Iowa. does it matter?

• pinch_me
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Well, I did it. In the final stage of selling my colt. Not sure it was the right thing to do....

I did want to thank everyone who responded to my post. I know more about the Colts now than I did the whole time I've had him. I hope he ends up in a parade someday. Had I known, I'd have put him in one here. I don't know why this is so hard! It's a machine!

• mownie
    12 years ago

You are just going to have to pull yourself together and get a grip, otherwise.......you will suffer from "post partum machinus depression".
    Can you convince yourself that you are only sending the Colt off to college perhaps?

• pinch_me
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Parade! He's surely going to be in a Parade! New paint job and he'll sparkle.

I did mow with the Cadet today. It's nice. and much faster than the colt/pull behind but I can't do the ditch with the rider. Too steep. I knew how far I could let the pull behind hang over before it was too far. Couldn't do the whole ditch but I could do the top edge. I'm going to hook it up behind the Cadet and see if I have enough room. It should be off set of the Cadet since the Cadet has a blade. But I suppose it wouldn't matter, I'd just be mowing part of the same grass twice and still get part of the ditch. Have to experiment. It was nice getting that side done in less than an hour from leaving this chair to putting it away. Too many bells and whistles though. And restarting every time you get off. What a pain! I'll do a better job of walking the pasture BEFORE I mow next time.

• pinch_me
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I sold this to a man in Canada last summer. so far I have his money but the Colt is still here. I wondered if something had happened to him? does anyone know? Thomas, are you out there? Have you lost my contact information?

• rcbe
    12 years ago

"And restarting every time you get off. What a pain! I'll do a better job of walking the pasture BEFORE I mow next time."

pinch_me: there should be a clutch/brake pedal lock on that cub tractor... engage same before getting off (but stop mower deck) and engine will continue running. Consult yer manual for details on how to use.

• pinch_me
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks, rcbe. I might remember to do that next spring. Maybe I will think to write myself a note and tape it to the gas cap as a reminder. Mower in in the cold garage. I'm in the warm house.

• snuffyinatl
    12 years ago

I would love to have that little tractor!