Return to the Tractors Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Harbor Freight lift

Posted by bus_driver (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 2, 14 at 17:52

Anyone ever used the 62325/ 61523/ 60395 lift? Did you find it useful/ helpful?
How much does it weigh and how much storage space does it require?
I have no one to help me when I work on the mower.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Harbor Freight lift

I haven't had great luck with any Harbor freight product that has hydraulics. If you have a problem within 90 days they exchange or if you buy the extended warranty they stand behind the product.

Out of warranty and need a part... good luck. If you're willing to take the time one could probably find o-rings and seals that would work.

If the lift you're looking at uses a conventional bottle jack then replacements are EZ to get but if it is proprietary you're screwed.

I get by just fine using a pair of Rhino ramps and a floor jack when necessary. Ramps cost less and have no moving parts.

o

I do not use ramps or lifts, but a simple floor jack, the type with wheels. When I grease the front wheels, I place the jack in the middle of the front end lift until the wheels are off of the ground, so it is easy to turn the front wheel to get to the zerks.

Same procedure when taking off the mower deck. Remove the pins, lift the front so every thing clears and the deck easily comes out.

If I need to get under the tractor, which has only happened once in the ten years I have had the tractor, I use the jack and blocks for safety.

The beauty of the floor jack is It is not in the way when you need to get under the tractor, and it is easy to store.

o

I use my HF heavy duty hyd lift table w/ a chain hook bolted to the end of the table deck and using a short chain to attach to front or rear of the rider. If I want both ends off the floor I lift the rear and place milk crates under the rear tires and then lift the front. Besides that it has many other uses like lifting a push mower up to the same height as the welding table w/ it about 18" away from said table. Turn the mower 90* and put front wheels on welding table to change oil or remove the blade.
Mike

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tractors Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here