Return to the Tractors Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Troy Bilt Spring Issue

Posted by byoxtheimer none (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 18, 11 at 19:37

Good Afternoon, I have a troy bilt bronco model number 13AV60KG011 and I had one of the springs break. After putting the spring on that was ordered from Lowes the tension is way too high and the accelerator pedal will not go down far enough to drive the mower. I am thinking that either the spring is connected to the wrong location and/or I do not have the correct spring extension. I have two photos of the spring that I just installed they are located at https://picasaweb.google.com/104686952613291203107/Jun182011?authkey=Gv1sRgCK35geCKh4G4pwE&feat=directlink I appreciate any feed back thanks.

Brandon Yoxtheimer

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Troy Bilt Spring Issue

Shouldn't that spring hook between the rear idler pulley bracket and to the rh frame rail? Some have a 5/16 bolt in the rail, some just hook thru the side.

o

Does anyone have a picture of the bottom (above the mower deck) of one of these tractors?

o

No pic, but what you did wrong is hook the spring for the rear tensioner to that front bell crank were it doesn't belong. It hooks to the side rail of the frame. Most of the lts hooked to the frame from the rear tensioner bracket.

o

tomplum, should the spring be like the picture at the link below, I drew a red line where i thought you meant to hook into the rh frame.

Here is a link that might be useful: Picture

o

The ones that hook through the side of the frame will hook through an area where 2 holes are stamped. Yours could very well have had a double nutted 5/16" bolt through the bottom of the frame rail to which it hooks. There should be mars in the paint that would indicate where. Some of the larger ones go left, but I'm pretty sure yours goes to the right side.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tractors Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here