Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rustyj14

Various problems with free mowers!

rustyj14
12 years ago

Found a Toro Personal Pace mower, all apart, in the trash. looks nice. Did a careful rebuild of it, nay, a reassembly, got it all ready and no start. Checked fly key and other things in the reassembly, changed the ign. coil, ---nothing!

Found a Cub Cadet walk-behind mower, in the trash, all apart, parts duct taped to the engine. took it home, reassembled it, and it runs good. Electric start, good battery and charger!

Got a give-away 3.5 h.p. mower, man said it ran when parked! Checked it today-found it was a mousie haven! Finally got it to run--sounded like Gene Krupa beating on his drums! Saved the ign. parts, junked the engine. Nice deck.

Got a freebie tonight. Guy said he couldn't keep the front axle from falling out. Supposed to be only a year old! Looks like 10, or more! He couldn't figger out how to fix it. I have two nice metal strips that'll get put on it tomorrow. Gave me a C-man weed wacker, too. He couldn't figger how to fix the string reel. Woo-hoo!

That Scotts tractor deck mandrel worked out good, along with the Murray pulley i changed, to make it work right.

they call it Yankee Ingenuity! But it works down south, too!

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!