Return to the Tractors Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Toro ZTR - weak hydro?

Posted by JayZee555 none (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 4, 11 at 22:14

I just got a new Toro Timecutter 5060 and mowed with it for the first time. It's fast and cuts great, but the right wheel seems to have less power than the left. It's not a major issue except when I try to go in reverse in the low speed range setting. It doesn't have enough power to even rotate the wheel, making the mower move back on an angle, driven almost entirely by the left wheel. I haven't seen in the manual that there is a way to adjust the hydros. Any thoughts?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Toro ZTR - weak hydro?

Yes.Have a dealer handle it. Maybe some basic purge or set up, but you don't want to let a hydro issue become your problem out of warranty.

o

I'm having the exact same problem. At first Toro told my dealer it was a linkage problem and that there were 4 or 5 reported in the whole United States. My dealer took it in and said that everything was o.k. and they lubed the linkage. Later I told him it was doing the same thing and he said Toro told him that that's how they are and it's o.k. I took him a video today of how the right side won't move backing up a hill and it would go in circles. They are going yo pick it up today to check it again. I don't find this acceptable at all.

o

eric......i was wondering what your final outcome from the dealer was...on the repair

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tractors Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here