Return to the Tractors Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Riding lawn Mower advice

Posted by cheers12054 5 (ilovepoodles54@yahoo.com) on
Thu, Jun 6, 13 at 22:48

Hello, I hope someone can help me with this question/problem. My husband is getting older and is wanting to find a reliable used riding lawn mower. The thing is he is a very large man...6'7 and 325 lbs. We are wondering if there is any weight restrictions an any of the smaller ones like a 10 hp 30 inch mower, Lawn Pony or the Dixon ZTR3303. Our yard doesn't have slopes but is quite uneven. Thanks, Donna

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Riding lawn Mower advice

Donna,

Your husband is big enough that he should be able to make some one else mow the lawn for him.

The specs I've seen mention towing limitations as half the weight of the tractor but I can't recall seeing a driver weight limit.

I would contact the manufacturer directly with the driver weight question and if they can't give you a definitive answer move on to another brand.

Try to shop locally with a full service authorized dealer and make them bring the model you're considering to the house for your husband to test drive. He might not even be able to fit on quite a few and that would be a quick answer.

o
RE: Riding lawn Mower advice

LOL yes he is big enough to make anyone do as he wishes but he doesn't like to THROW his weight around... ;)
Thanks for the advice we'll check with manufacturers.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tractors Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here