Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sawgrass_gw

Craftsman PTO Switch Burn Out

Sawgrass
12 years ago

Hello, I have a Craftman DYT4000 Lawn Tractor model #917.275700 (I bought it brand new in 2005)(only used for home use on 3 acres of land)(garage kept). I am having issues with the PTO switch (part #174652) . I have replaced this switch 4 times and it continues to burn out each time (top of switch comes right off in my hand, can see melted plastic on end of top and inside). The first switch lasted for 4 years, the 2nd switch lasted over a year, and the last 2 lasted less than one month. I currently have 2 new switches on order and I know I will continue to burn out the switches unless I can find the electrical problem causing it. After reading other forums I looked for any frayed or shorted wires (found none) I looked for corosion on any of the cables (found none). Checked the 20 amp fuse (looked ok). Could it be the electronic clutch or hopefully something a lot less expensive. Sears wants $101.00 to send someone out just to look at it.Could anyone please give me some advice on the next step to take. My grass is already up to my knees and I would love to just get back to work and cut it. Thank You

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Frasure Home Improvements
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Franklin County's Highly Skilled General Contractor