Return to the Tractors Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
John Deere L120 Fuel Delivery problem? (Won't start)

Posted by xtremluck none (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 1, 14 at 8:18

Hi Guys/Gals,
I have a John Deere L120 Auto with a B&S 20HP VTek Double Carb engine. Over the last few months it had a tendency to stall after about 15-30 mins of use and refused to start. After leaving it off for about 30 minutes I would come back to it and it would start up eventually. However about 3 weeks ago it got to the point where it would not start anymore. The engine cranks and turns but I get no fire. So far I have done the following:

1. Replaced the seat pressure switch
2. Checked the fuel cap to see if the breather hole was plugged
3. Rebuilt the carburetor
4. Replaced the fuel pump
5. Replaced the spark plugs

No luck. I suspect there is some sort of fuel delivery problem because I disconnected the fuel line from the fuel pump to the carb and when I crank there is no fuel coming out or being drawn. Any ideas?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: John Deere L120 Fuel Delivery problem? (Won't start)

" The engine cranks and turns but I get no fire"-
Do you mean you get no spark or that it won't run?

You didn't mention the fuel filter.

o
RE: John Deere L120 Fuel Delivery problem? (Won't start)

Sounds like your not getting any power to the fuel pump, I would take the fuel hose from the fuel pump to the carb and disconnect it from the fuel pump and leave it connected to the carb then feel the hose full of gas and see if it runs.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tractors Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here