Return to the Tractors Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hubota T1760

Posted by Jarekw (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 18, 14 at 9:11

When I start my Kubota T1760 a lot of white smog is coming out and after 1 minute engine will stop. I grained gas from carburetor, replaced plugs (but they get black right away too) I checked solenoid and looks like the tip was cut off.
could this cause my trouble?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hubota T1760

No, the solenoid would not be causing the smoke. Does it seem as though it is flooding? Is there fuel in the oil?Normally when someone has these symptoms, one would think that the oil is being thinned w/ fuel due to a defect in the carburetor or fuel pump- or a cylinder head gasket has failed. I assume that you have the Kawasaki twin?

o

how would I check if there is fuel in the oil, just visually check and see how thick it is?

o

• Posted by larso1 So. CO Zone 5 (My Page) on
    Thu, Jul 24, 14 at 15:52

Just smell a sample of it, possibly just the dipstick has enough residual on it. If it has a strong odor of gas, you have a problem as described by tomplum.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tractors Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here