Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sullyworld

fuel problem Intek 25 hp engine poulan pro

sullyworld
12 years ago

This has got me baffled, maybe someone can add to help me figure out my problem I have a Poulan Pro lawn tractor with an Intel 25 HP 445777-0168-E1 engine. For some reason it starving is self of fuel. This has started only a few times but got worse over the last year. The mower is fine if there is no load or little load but if full throttle and mowing within a 10 minute time it starves itself dry of fuel. Wait a little while it works fine than again the same thing. I have been a mechanic of many years so I know a thing or two. Here is the list of things I have done. Changed fuel filter (5 X with different kinds) Replaced fuel pump 2X and vacuum hose. Replace all hoses. Made sure the fuel tank clean and no clogs. Carburetor removed cleaned and shut of soloed works. Remove valve covers and inspected for damaged push rods and valve assy. Changed the oil to 30W. Here is what I know. There is fuel being pumped. I can disconnect the hose and fuel comes out. I installed a small tank for testing and found to work great (because the help of gravity). I hit a lot of the blog sites with same problem with no fixes. I�m at a point to install an electric fuel pump to see if this works, I shouldn�t have to do this. Could my engine be going bad? I don�t have any indicators to tell me at it is, it do not have a loss of power or burn oil. The compression is good on both cylinders, any thoughts? Thanks Sullyworld

Comments (4)